Louise's house in Jamberoo would honestly be one of my favourite finds. Only took us 90 minutes to get there from Sydney. The house is immaculate and styled with such warmth and flair tucked into a serene country setting with fabulous views. I felt instantly relaxed. Unfortunately, didnt last long as the kids were keen for some adventure, so we organised some kayaking on the Minnamurra River which was ahelluvalot of fun. We even managed a swim down at Mystics beach after. Beds were comfy, we had everything we needed and more. Wouldnt hesitate to return.
About This Property
Your retreat for rest and relaxation: 4-bedroom holiday acreage in Jamberoo NSW. Air conditioning will keep you cool or enjoy the game on the TV. This property can accommodate up to 7 people with 4 rooms and 4 beds at your disposal. If it happens to get a bit cool during your holiday, not a problem, just get the fire going. This property has a fireplace or slow combustion heater. Your pet is welcome inside this property! All this and more will make your holiday perfect and your pet will enjoy it too!
Unwind and relax in this stylish tranquil home on acreage with large in-ground pool and indoor and outdoor fireplaces. It is nestled in the coastal valley of Jamberoo with stunning escarpment views and located close to Sydney and only 15 mins drive to Kiama and uncrowded beaches.
Frangipani House is surrounded by native gardens and a wrap-around verandah with stunning views over river flats towards the sandstone escarpment of Budderoo National Park. The open plan living is wrapped in floor to ceiling glass with adjoining entertaining deck for outdoor dining and lounging.
Frangipani House is perfect for a friends retreat or families. A parents retreat is perfect for multiple generations or two families with young children traveling together. A cot, nappy change table, children's furniture, toys and games are available.
The living area houses a large leather modular lounge, flat screen TV with Netflix, air conditioning, stunning wood burning glass fireplace, dining table and reading chairs in mid-century modernist style.
Frangipani House is comfortable all year around. The living area and master bedroom are air-conditioned and quiet ceiling fans are located in all living areas and bedrooms. On cooler nights, sit around the sleek glass enclosed wood burning fireplace in the lounge room or the cozy outdoor wood burning fireplace.
The kitchen is equipped with all you need for entertaining and feasting. The Smeg stove has a gas cooktop with wok burner and an electric oven. Other inclusions are an Espresso coffee machine, rice cooker, juicer, microwave, popcorn maker, fridge and double F&P Dish Drawer dishwasher.
The stunning parents retreat is housed in a pavilion separated by a sheltered breezeway from the main house. This pavilion contains a generous master bedroom, ensuite and study which can convert to a fourth child's bedroom with fold-out single bed. The large ensuite with frameless shower and separate bath offers complete privacy while enjoying valley views filtered by surrounding trees.
Step outside onto an entertaining deck with dining setting, large Weber BBQ with wok burner and an outdoor lounge all shaded by a large umbrella. The large in-ground pool is surrounded by see-through glass safety fencing, allowing fabulous views of the valley and escarpment. Poolside, an outdoor lounge is shaded by a generous umbrella. This area is perfect for relaxing and conversation while the kids play in the pool.
An internal laundry offers free washer and clothes dryer and there is a convenient hanging line in the double carport adjoining the home. We care about our environment so we choose ethical products. We use low toxicity cleaners and personal products and provide fair trade coffee.
A pedestrian gate leads on to a quiet country lane perfect for walks surrounded by birdsong and the sound of the neighbour's cattle. A short 4-6 km drive takes you toJamberoo Action Park in one direction or the famous Pub in Jamberoo Village in the other. Just 15 minutes and you are at any number of Kiamas beautiful beaches including some that are dog friendly.
Well behaved dogs are welcome including inside the main house so long as they are clean and dry and are kept off indoor and outdoor furniture and bedding and out of the master pavilion. There are dog beds in sheltered spots on the verandah and sheep skins for indoor canine relaxation. Dogs should be kept out of the pool because their fur damages the filter system.
The property features:
- Inground salt water swimming pool
- Indoor slow combustion fireplace and outdoor fireplace and bbq
- Fully equipped kitchen including smeg stove with gas cooktop and wok burner, microwave, espresso coffee machine, double F&P dish drawer dishwasher
- Flat screen TV with Netflix and chromecast, DVD, WiFi, Stereo
- Pet friendly
- Separate parents retreat pavilion with ensuite and bath
- Cot, highchair, nappy change table, childrens furniture
- Toys and games
- Master bedroom, split king singles (advise at time of booking if require zipped as a king or unzipped as two singles)
- Bedroom 2, queen
- Bedroom 3, queen
- Bedroom 4/study, single fold-out bed suitable for a child
- 3 km to Lyrebird cafe at Minnamurra Falls, Budderoo National Park
- 4 km to Jamberoo Golf Club
- 4.7 km to Jamberoo village and IGA with liquor
- 6.5 km to Jamberoo Action Park
- 12 km to Kiama township cafes and boutique shopping
- 14 km to Kiama Blow hole and lighthouse
- 14.4 km to Kiama beaches
- 16 km to Kiama golf course
- 25 km to Robertson Cheese Factory in the Southern Highlands
- 115 km to Sydney
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff. BYO Beach Towels for use at the swimming pool
There is a cleaning fee at this property.
- There are steep banks and a fenced pool on the property requiring that young children are supervised.
- This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7.
- This property is approved for accommodation only. No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. The guest limits apply at all times during the booking. Any extra guests (this includes day visitors) above those that have been booked and paid for must be approved in writing prior to the stay.
- Only the guests staying at the property are permitted to be present. If you wish to have visitors in addition to booked guests, you must advise us in writing prior to your stay and ensure you receive written permission. This is not possible at all properties. If you or any other guest receives a warning regarding excess noise or excess guests, you may be asked to leave the property IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10pm and 8am.
- Under no circumstances are the following activities permitted at any of our properties: motorbikes, dirt bikes, quad bikes, use of firearms or air rifles, fireworks.
- This property is dog friendly and there is a surcharge to have your pet stay, please advise us of the number and type of dogs at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets. Dogs are allowed in the main house but NOT the master suite pavilion. Cats are not permitted because of potential impact on wildlife.
- To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks/under 21yrs groups and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
- Bandwidth of our ADSL 2 plus internet varies and WiFi is not guaranteed. These services are offered as complimentary extras. As there is no charge for this service, we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable.
Property key facts
- Property type:Holiday Acreage
- About pets:
Pets are allowed inside the home but not on the furniture.
Bedroom 1: 1 King
Bedroom 2: 1 Queen
Bedroom 3: 1 Queen
Bedroom 4: 1 Twin single
- Pets allowed inside
- Fully fenced
- Swimming pool
- Off street parking
- Outstanding view
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Linen supplied
5.0 / 5.0
Score Breakdown from 4 reviews
Average Rating For:
4 Reviews - 5.0 Excellent
Much,much more than my friends and I expected. From the moment we arrived we felt relaxed and at ease. The home oozed impeccable taste and at the same time felt warm and homely. It's amazing how close in proximity the house is to the local town, the beach and Sydney embedded in the stunning countryside. Our only regret is we didn't book for long enough. My friends and I will certainly be stayingthere again... soon, I hope.
I booked Frangipani House for friends (4 adults 2 kids aged 10 and 12) who were visiting us but we were unable to accommodate them due to renovations, werent they the lucky ones! Only 5 minutes from the gorgeous village of Jamberoo and 15 minutes from the beaches in Kiama, this amazing place feels like it is in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees, cows and spectacular escarpment views. The view from the tub in the main bedroom is something else! The kids loved the pool, the adults loved the outdoor fireplace and everything we needed was provided. I particularly liked the quirky design features like the retro kitchen cupboard handles and lamp shades in the lounge room. Check in was easy, following Louises instructions, and she was in regular contact to make sure everything was ok. It was a relaxing and hassle-free visit for our friends and we will definitely be using Frangipani House again.
Wow.....What a find. A leisurely two hour drive from North Sydney and my friends and I were in paradise. It truly felt like we were in our own private resort. Firstly, the views and the outside pool and entertaining areas - the photos, quite simply, did not do them justice. The interior was really comfortable, but we chose to lounge around the outside fire place in great comfort - the exterior fire even has a small chimney, so the smoke can't follow you - what a brilliant touch! There was everything we could think of to be thoroughly creative in the kitchen, or on the BBQ. Plus a good viewing area for the non-chefs to offer helpful advice! I had my dog with me, which is often quite stressful in an untested environment. However, the grounds are fully fenced and she felt secure - there were lots of water bowls for her to drink from and plenty of shady lawn to watch her humans frolic in the pool. The long walks up (and down) the quiet country lane that Frangipani House sits on were terrific - such a relief to be out of the country. I guess the long and the short is that neither humans nor canines wanted to leave at the end of our stay - we'll definitely be back!
If you have booked your stay at this property through Holidaypaws, we would be delighted to receive a review. Please enter the email adddress you used when booking....
Book with confidence
holidaypaws.com.au is 100% Australian owned and run in Australia!
Deposit refund guarantee
For peace of mind in an uncertain online world, Holidaypaws Pty Ltd is happy to guarantee the refund of your deposit on a booking made on the www.holidaypaws.com.au website. See our refund policy for details.
We are fully integrated with the property manager's system for this property. We ensure the availability and tariffs are current when you request a quote for this property. This avoids any issues with double bookings or tariff issues.
We use Australia Post SecurePay for our payment processing. The process is straight forward and secure. We do not store your card details!
You may also like...
Iconic period 4 bed, fenced, pet friendly holiday home, sleeps 8 in Kiama NSW
Kiama, South Coast - Kiama NSW
You and your pet will love the location only 500 metres to the beaches, 750 metres to the Kiama - Gerringong coastal walk or pop into town for treats. Easy access to all the wonderful features of Kiama and better still you get to share it with your pet. Secured area for your pet so it doesn't wander.
Pets Inside WiFi Fireplace Linen
8 guests 4 beds
start from$350 / night