Dog friendly things to do in Port Stephens, NSW
If you’re searching for the next pet-friendly holiday destination, look no further then Port Stephens!
At Port Stephens, your pets are welcome at a variety of doggy beaches, cafés, restaurants, off and on leash parks and reserves. So pack your bags with a ball, leash, poop-bags and of course your Holiday Paws bandana and enjoy a good run around, the sea breeze and an afternoon coffee. After all, it’s a dog’s life when you’re on holidays.
Fenced Dog Parks
If your pup is in training, fenced dog areas will ensure your travel buddy doesn’t do a little too much exploring on holidays.
- Lancaster Park, Soldiers Point (open 7am - 7pm)
- Fingal Bay Foreshore, Fingal Bay – near the Fingal Bay Surf Club
Visit Port Stephens Council website to retrieve some handy information including dog exercise maps and your responsibilities as a dog owner when taking your furry friend out-and-about in public. www.portstephens.nsw.gov.au/play/recreation-in-port-stephens/cycling-and-dog-park-maps/dog-parks
Off-Lead Dog Exercise Areas
- Boat Harbour Off-Lead Dog Exercise Area
- Fingal Bay Reserve Off-Lead Dog Exercise Area
- Nelson Bay Off-Lead Dog Exercise Area
On-Lead Dog Exercise Areas
- Shoal Bay On-Lead Dog Exercise Area
- Nelson Bay On-Lead Dog Exercise Area
- Corlette On-Lead Dog Exercise Area
There are 2 designated, off-leash dog beaches in Port Stephens as indicated by Council signage where you and your dogs can frolic in pristine blue waters.
- Bagnalls Beach, Corlette
- Birubi Beach, Anna Bay (check zones)
Birubi Beach, Anna Bay
Cafés & Restaurants
After you’ve worked up an appetite, chill out at one of these cafés and restaurants which welcomes your pets to dine along beside you. Dog can be leashed, right next to the owners table in designated outside areas. For further information for eating out with your pets in Port Stephens, contact each establishment with further questions.
- Inhouse Kitchen, The Home Interior, Nelson Bay
- Crest Birubi Beach, Anna Bay
- Bannisters Port Stephens, Soldiers Point
- Little Beach Boathouse, Boathouse Bar, Little Beach
- The Little Nel, Nelson Bay
Inhouse Kitchen, Nelson Bay
So there you have it, make Port Stephens your next pet-friendly holiday destination. With dog beaches, fenced parks, cafés, restaurants and pet-friendly accommodation, it’s easy to relax and unwind with plenty of activities your pet will enjoy too!
Check out these pet-friendly holiday houses in Port Stephens and book your next getaway today!
Idyllic Hideaway: 2 bed, fenced, sleeps 9 in Salamander Bay NSW
Salamander Bay, Port Stephens (South) - New South Wales NSW
9 guests 5 beds
start from$319 / nightDetails